[vtkusers] Problem with python wrapping

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:38:30 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 7:12 AM, AI <odre_89 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
> Now I was able to run cmake, but there is no .so file in the build/bin of
> my
> project. I must miss something else in my CMakeLists.txt...

You are probably missing the add_library() commands, e.g.:
  add_library(${LIB_PYTHON_NAME} ${LIB_PYTHON_SRCS}
${LIB_PYTHON_EXTRA_SRCS})
  add_library(${MODULE_PYTHON_NAME} MODULE ${MODULE_PYTHON_NAME}Init.cxx)

There are a lot of other things that are needed as well, for example here
is one of my own CMakeLists files that generates python wrappers:
https://github.com/dgobbi/vtk-dicom/blob/master/Source/CMakeLists.txt#L163

Perhaps someone else has found an easier way to do this...

 - David