[vtkusers] Fill interior 3D object

Alex Malyushytsky malyushytsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:38:19 EDT 2015

You may try to use boolean operations for computing the "stub".

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/BooleanOperationPolyDataFilter

If for example you have sphere and you slice it with a plan.
Boolean intersection of such 2 objects will be a polygon you can display (
you probably can use vtkFillHolesFilterto triangulate it )
to restore the look of solid after slicing.

Hope this helps,
     Alex