[vtkusers] Position a widget in display coordinates?

Totte Karlsson totte at dunescientific.com
Tue Mar 17 20:07:46 EDT 2015

Hello,
This question is regarding usage of the  3D slider widget.
I have been using world coordinates to set the widgets position, and
that seem to be working fine.

Now, however, I would like to simply place the widget horizontally at
the bottom of the render window.  Whats the right way to do such?

I imagine I would need to go from normalized (2D) display values, say
(-0.8, -0.8) & (0.8,-0.8) which would be at the bottom of the window, to
world coordinates (3D).
Any pointers on how to achieve this?

The widget position would need to be recalculated if the camera changes.
Thanks,
tk

Totte Karlsson, Ph.D.
Dune Scientific, LLC