[vtkusers] Assiging attributes to vtk polydata

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:32:07 EDT 2015

Hi All,
Once I generate the vtkpolydata, how do I assign any particular attributes
(say of type scaler and named as "density") to the dataset.

I looked into the examples using vtkAssignAttribute (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAssignAttribute.html)

Can anyone please explain what does this statement means from the page :

aa->Assign("foo", vtkDataSetAttributes::SCALARS,
           vtkAssignAttribute::POINT_DATA);

Once the point attributes are assigned, does it mean that each point data
will contain the information of the attributes in the vtk (.vtp) file ?

Thanks much.

Chiranjib