[vtkusers] Error in vtkTextActor when creating a vtkScalarBarActor with no title

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:34:18 EDT 2015

This may sound like a silly, but vtkScalarBarActor is giving me trouble.
I'm using the master branch.

If I don't call SetTitle, the vtkScalarBarActor gives me this error:

    vtkTextActor::SetInput was passed an uninitialized string

If I call SetTitle("") with an empty string, I get this error:

    vtkOpenGLTexture: No scalar values found for texture input!

Finally, if I call SetTitle(" "), i.e. give it a space character, then
sometimes
when I render the program gets stuck for a few seconds in the following
function:

vtkFreeTypeTools::CalculateBoundingBox<vtkUnicodeString>().

Is there something that makes computing the bounding box of a single
space character difficult for freetype?  And why does vtkScalarBarActor
require the user to set a title?

 - David