[vtkusers] Building Cocoa example on OSX

Andy Somogyi andy.somogyi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:24:40 EDT 2015

I’m building the release branch from git, which I think is 6.2

I can verify that WITHOUT the -std=c++03 flags, clang will NOT build VTK, there is a very long stream of

error: use of undeclared identifier 'nullptr_t'; did you mean 'nullptr’?

and various other C++11 incompatibilities very early on.

I’m building on OS 10.9 with clang++ 6.0

I did try various versions of std=gnu++11 -stdlib=libc++ and -stdlib=libstdc++, none of them would build.