[vtkusers] Is there a vtkBorlandRenderWindowPkg project file for VTK 5.0 in RAD Studio XE5?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 03:55:38 EDT 2015

I am upgrading a data visualization application developed with Borland
BDS2006 to a more recent version of the IDE (RAD Studio XE5) because I
need to support Unicode for internationalization.
The application is developed using VTK 5.0.2 and uses the rendering
component defined by vtkBorlandRenderWindowPkg.

I have successfully used CMake and the sources (same as was used
earlier) to build the library binaries using the XE5 compiler for
Win32. So now I "only" need to build and install the rendering package
into C++Builder XE5.
But there is no cbproj file in the VTK source tree to use so I have
tried to let XE5 convert the working bdsproj file for the package in
BDS2006. Unfortunately I am getting a number of linker errors relating
to the VTKCOMMON.LIB file, which I d ont understand and cannot solve
by myself.

So I am wondering if there is a more recent package project file I can
use to install the rendering component in XE5.
Note: I am not a C++ developer myself, I have used Delphi
(ObjectPascal) exclusively for almost 20 years. So I am not familiar
with the C++ constructs etc.

Any help on installing the rendering component in XE5 is appreciated.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden