[vtkusers] QVTKWidget rendering performance

Dragan Vidovic vitkecar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:06:28 EST 2015

Hi

I am writing a CAD program using VTK and Qt. I based it on the
SimpleView example. When I rotate the view using the interactor the
rendering is slow and lags behind the mouse movement. I am not posting
any code here because this behavior is already apparent in the
examples included with the distribution: if I start bin/SimpleView,
press 't' to switch to the trackball mode, left click and rotate the
scene around for a few seconds, when I stop it continues to move for a
second or two before it stops. This does not happen with the examples
not based on QVTKWidget, for instance with bin/SpecularSpheres. Is
there a way to speed up the SimpleView example?

I am using VTK-6.1.0 that I compiled myself under Ubuntu.