[vtkusers] how to crap/extract ROI without changing origin?

Elvis Chen elvis.chen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:05:07 EST 2015

Greetings,

I am working a a visualization problem involving superimposing an
vtkImageData (using vtkImageActor) and another object, both of which are
spatially tracker. By themselves, they coincide in the correct location.

I would like to display only a region of the vtkImageData. I tried using
vtkImageClip and also vtkExtractVOI, both of which changed the origin of
the vtkImageData, hence the vtkImageActor no longer coincide with other
objects at the correct location.

Is there a way to clip/extract ROI without changing the origin? What other
classes can I use?

any help is very much appreciated,