[vtkusers] How to set normal of vtkImagePlaneWidget ?

DL I inglis.dl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:35:43 EDT 2015

you cannot set a normal without somehow specifying how the plane would be
positioned
relative to it.  A normal is only a direction: you need at least one
position and a direction to define any plane.
vtkImagePlaneWidget is further constrained because it has edges and this is
why it has methods
to define it : SetPoint1, SetPoint2, SetOrigin.  The general mathematical
definition of a plane does not impose
such constraints (ie., it has no edges), and so a point and a normal are
sufficient to define it.

Dean