[vtkusers] get unstructured grid from vtkXdmf3Reader

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jun 18 21:33:09 EDT 2015

Hi Nico,

That is for multi-block xdmf files. If you happen to have a file with
several blocks in it it will return the correct number (try IronProtein
from the paraview regression test data). Probably a bug that it reports 0
when you have a single atomic ("uniform" in xdmf terms of "vtkDataSet" in
vtk terms) grid.

I don't happen to have a small example of its use in VTK. In ParaView it is
used in the Block selection part of the object inspector when you open the
xdmf file.

hth

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.