[vtkusers] VTK Python3 support

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:04:13 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 9:37 AM, gmas <giumas at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Could you please give us some updates about the Python 3 efforts?

I've started working on it.  Right now I'm reworking PyVTKObject, because
the current implementation relies on an old paradigm that simply won't
work with the Python 3 C API.  This first phase will take me until mid-July.
The wrappers probably won't be fully python 3 compatible until the fall.

> IMPO the lack of support for Python 3 is becoming more and more a pity, and
> a block to adoption from new projects of such a wonderful framework.

The term you're looking for is PITA ;)

 - David