[vtkusers] vtk image from itk

gregthom992 gregthom992 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 13:38:09 EDT 2015

Hi David ,

Thanks for your information. I ignored the origin and it didn't fix my
images.
I then made another attempt at a function to convert to vtk from SimpleITK.
This still gave me the "mangled" image. I am seeing that my img_array.shape
is [198 512 512] but my desired image Dimension should be [512 512 198]
Do you think that is the problem ? I am not sure how SimpleITK
GetArrayFromImage
does with flipping dimensions. Any help will be appreciated.
Greg

##CODE:

    # image = sitk image
    sitktype = image.GetPixelID()
    vtktype  = pixelmap[sitktype]

    # Get ndarray from SimpleITK image
    img_array = sitk.GetArrayFromImage(sitk.Cast(image, sitk.sitkFloat32))

    Dimension = image.GetDimension()
    OutputPixelType = itk.F
    OutputImageType = itk.Image[OutputPixelType, Dimension]

    #PyBuffer connector
    pyBufferConnector = itk.PyBuffer[OutputImageType]

    # Get ITK image from ndarray
    itkImage = pyBufferConnector.GetImageFromArray(img_array)
    # preserve ITK image information
    itkImage.SetSpacing(image.GetSpacing())
    #itkImage.SetOrigin(image.GetOrigin())
    #itkImage.SetDirection(image.GetDirection())

    itk_vtk_converter = itk.ImageToVTKImageFilter[OutputImageType].New()
    itk_vtk_converter.SetInput(itkImage)
    itk_vtk_converter.Update()

##END CODE