[vtkusers] Image RGBToHSV Conversion Example Clarification

Ashray Malhotra ashray.malhotra.1994 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:43:49 EDT 2015

Hello,

I found this example of converting an RGB input image to the HSV color
domain.
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Images/RGBToHSV

In the extractHue, saturation and value filters, input is the output of
image reader whereas I believe it should be the output of the vtkImageRGBToHSV
filter. I ran the above example on a test image and got this result
https://github.com/ashray/VTKCodes/blob/master/Some%20other%20custom%20codes/RGBToHSV/RGBDisplay-WikiCode.png

I modified the code by giving the input as output of vtkImageRGBToHSV
filter.
My code is
https://github.com/ashray/VTKCodes/blob/master/Some%20other%20custom%20codes/RGBToHSV/RGBToHSV.cxx

And the output image that I get is
https://github.com/ashray/VTKCodes/blob/master/Some%20other%20custom%20codes/RGBToHSV/HSVDisplay-GitHubCode.png

which is completely different from the previous one.

Can someone please tell me if I am making an error or is there an error in
the example.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Ashray Malhotra