[vtkusers] Removing support for VS 8 and GCC < 4.1

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 11:30:48 EDT 2015

Definitely +1.

Agree with what Utkarsh said, plus: people writing code should be
using modern tools for all sorts of good reasons: performance,
security, the tools themselves are just better...

I would go so far as to say it's reasonable that the dev/trunk/master
branch of a project should only support the two most recent stable
compiler releases on any given platform. Even less for
dev/trunk/master if there is compelling reason to use a feature only
available in the most recent stable release.

Cheers for marching forward!
David C.