[vtkusers] CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX with release/debug

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:43:46 EDT 2015

Hi,

I use CMake 2.8, VisualStudio2010 and Windows8.1 to build VTK 5.6. In CMake
I set the variable "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX" to instruct the build process to
copy the VTK libraries as well as the header files to a preferred directory
(e.g. c:\MyLibs\MyVTKBuild) after the build process. In fact, this copy
process will successfully be performed if I run the INSTALL project of the
VTK solution in VisualStudio.
Unfortunately, this process only copies either the release libaries or the
debug libraries to the directory, dependent on the configuration type
currently selected in VisualStudio. What I want is that both library types
will be copied to the directory seperately in appropriate   subfolders
"release" and "debug".
Does somebody know how to achieve this?

With best regards,
Michael