[vtkusers] 3D image as N cubes

Francisco Lopez de la Franca franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:48:04 EDT 2015

Hi.
I've created an example (see below) but everything is OK except that the
output image is not created. I'd be very pleased if someone can help me
(maybe with an explanatory example or whatever).

    char* filename = new char[255];
    strcpy(filename, "nifti_image.nii");

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkNIFTIImageReader> reader =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkNIFTIImageReader>::New();

    reader->SetFileName(filename);
    reader->Update();

    //Create the octree
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkOctreePointLocator> octree =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkOctreePointLocator>::New();
    octree->SetDataSet((vtkDataSet*) reader->GetOutput());
    octree->BuildLocator();

    std::cout << "Number of cells in tree: " <<
octree->GetDataSet()->GetNumberOfCells() << std::endl;
    std::cout << "Number of points in tree: " <<
octree->GetDataSet()->GetNumberOfPoints() << std::endl;

    char* outfile = new char[255];
    strcpy(outfile, "OcTree.vtp");

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkXMLPolyDataWriter> writer =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkXMLPolyDataWriter>::New();
    writer->SetInputData((vtkPolyData*) octree->GetDataSet());
    writer->SetFileName(outfile);
    writer->Write();