[vtkusers] clean-up VTK_LEGACY code

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Tue Jun 2 10:47:22 EDT 2015

Dear VTK Users,

This is a summary of an announcement and discussion on VTK Developers list.

We are removing the VTK code marked as deprecated for versions 6.1 (this
was released on 2014-01-21) and earlier. This means that any code marked as
deprecated after that date is still in, so people will still have plenty of
time to change their code.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/235

Users who update VTK regularly are warned using the VTK_LEGACY_REPLACED_BODY
mechanism if they call a deprecated function.

If they want, users can turn on VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE to remove all deprecated
code from VTK. This is the best way to test your use of deprecated code.

Note that  VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE is a CMake option that can be turned on when
building VTK.

Please let me know if you have any comments or concerns,

Thank you,
Dan