[vtkusers] Can't get vtk modules to work in python - visual studio

roobaru chpradeep.ith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 01:47:39 EDT 2015

Hello,
I am very new to python and vtk. I got a vtk windows installer and used the
noob-friendly method to install it. I can see the VTK 6.2.0 folder in the
program files. I also added the bin folder to system path with the hope that
I can simply import vtk in python. I installed python in visual studio and
when I use import vtk I get the error "No module named vtk". I added the bin
folder into solution explorer but it didn't help. Please help how to add the
vtk libraries to my existing python. I tried to search the forums, but
couldn't find anything helpful. Sorry for the noob question.