[vtkusers] Announce: vtk 6.3.0 release candidate 1 is ready

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Mon Jul 27 14:54:28 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:34:37 -0400, David Lonie said:
>
> >Agreed! This is on me, I missed that point when I was summarizing my
> >changes for the release notes.
> >
> >Ben/DaveD, can we add this to the notes?
> >
> >- Removed the deprecated RenderingFreeTypeOpenGL module. The functionality
> >of this module has been replaced by the vtkTextRenderer and vtkTextMapper
> >classes in the RenderingCore module.
>
> Am I right that this:
> <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration/Factories_now_require_defines
> >

> also needs updating?  "vtkRenderingFreeType" should be removed, yes?  Also
> might be good to say that if using the experimental OGL2 stuff, that one
> must use "vtkRenderingOpenGL2".

vtkRenderingFreeType should not be removed -- it is a different module from
the one that got taken out (vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL).

However, the removed module is in the list, too. It is still needed for
earlier 6.x releases. I'll let someone else make that call whether we
remove it from that page or not, since it could go either way as I see it.

Dave