[vtkusers] problem with stereo rendering

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Jul 17 06:41:40 EDT 2015

Olivier,

Indeed, that is likely the reason. I do not believe the vtkContextView
renders different images for left and right eye in stereo. It is meant for
2D plotting. vtkRenderView should work in stereo, but your helix would need
to be defined as a vtkPolyData.

HTH,
Cory

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Olivier Ameline <olivameline at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Cory,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have tryied SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes() (and all other stereo types) but
> the result is the same : the helix is displayed, but there is no stereo.
>
> May it be because of the classes of my variables ?
> For instance, "chart" is a vtkNew<vtkChartXYZ>.
>
> Here is a part of my .h (class definition) :
>
> -----------
> private:
>
>   vtkNew<vtkTable> table;
>   vtkNew<vtkFloatArray> arrX;