[vtkusers] [Paraview] Combining vtk and paraview python scripts

Jeff Becker jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 14 15:43:46 EDT 2015

On 07/14/2015 12:20 PM, Andy Bauer wrote:
> ParaView's Python Programmable Filter and Python Programmable Source
> use VTK Python wrapping to do the work while making it available in
> Paraview. Check out
> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Python_Programmable_Filter.

Thanks. That's pretty neat, but what I'd really like is a standalone
script I can run in batch mode (no interaction) to generate one png file
per timestep for all the timesteps in the data set. Essentially I'd like
a way to construct a pipeline between the vtk.vtkImageImport()  object
and the ParaView renderView1.

-jeff