[vtkusers] Filter to remove internal structure of a poly data?

Kilgus, Thomas t.kilgus at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 14 11:41:29 EDT 2015

Ok, thank you very much!

Von: David E DeMarle [mailto:dave.demarle at kitware.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juli 2015 16:07
An: Kilgus, Thomas
Cc: vtkusers at vtk.org
Betreff: Re: [vtkusers] Filter to remove internal structure of a poly data?

So what it is doing is passing the locally 2D primitives through, which is not what you want it to do. If this was a volumetric mesh it would give you the skin. You want something like vtkSelectEnclosedPoints.

Unfortunately vtkSelectEnclosedPoints requires a surface to clip by, and that surface is exactly what you are trying to get. There might be something in VTK for this, but my quick searches haven't found it.

sorry

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer