[vtkusers] Filter to remove internal structure of a polydata?

Kilgus, Thomas t.kilgus at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 14 05:44:35 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am not sure how to call this, but I was wondering if there is any filter (or combination) to remove internal structures of a PolyData? By internal I mean stuff that is not visible to the camera, unless you make the surface translucent. I know that there is a vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter which works for some uses cases, but my data is connected at some parts. I am not even sure if this is possible, but the virtual camera could rotate around the object and every cell which is not seen (hit by a ray) could be deleted. Is there anything like this in VTK?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Kilgus
German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Div. Medical and Biological Informatics
Junior group: Computer-assisted Interventions (E131)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280
69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49(0) 6221-42-3545