[vtkusers] A question about displaying Image using VTK

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jul 9 12:42:56 EDT 2015

Instead of using a vtkColorTransferFunction, try using
a vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction and setting the opacity function
via SetScalarOpacityFunction(), e.g.

vtkSmartPointer<vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction >
colorTransferFunction =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction >::New();
colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint(0,0,0.5,0);
colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint(60,1,0,0);
colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint(255,0.8,0.8,0.8);
colorTransferFunction->SetScalarOpacityFunction(opacityTransferFunction);

then enable opacity mapping with

colorTransferFunction->EnableOpacityMappingOn();

HTH,
Cory