[vtkusers] classes to learn more about vtk

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Jul 8 23:41:31 EDT 2015

Hi Doug,

Not that I know of in the Research Triangle. Where are you in NC?

There was a scientific visualization course taught for many years by
Russell M Taylor at UNC Chapel Hill which wasn't a VTK course per se, but
often involved VTK in some exercises and final projects. He has since
departed from the university. The UNC School of Information and Library
Science offers a course in Information Visualization, but I don't know if
it involves VTK. Chris Healey at NC State teaches graphics and vis courses
from time to time, but again they are not typically heavy on VTK.

Sorry if that isn't much help,
Cory

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com>
wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

>                 I just moved to North Carolina.  Does anyone know of any
> classes taught by the local universities that teach vtk?  I know that there
> are courses taught by Kitware but more interested in something that was
> longer than a week intensive.
>

> Doug

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Cory Quammen