[vtkusers] Clustered landmark target points when using ICP

shantanu shantanusvyas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 11:15:52 EDT 2015

So I tried out just downsampling it first and then using ICP on those new
points and found the landmarks were much more evenly distributed! Thanks.
The issue is still the alignment, as it aligns it as how it did previously
despite the target points being more dispersed. Do you have any suggestions
for tuning ICP (or my meshes) to align these meshes better? I believe the
rotation applied to the source mesh should be around 45 degrees about y with
some translation.

ICP run over downsampled meshes
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5732748/dsbunny.png>

Two meshes layered before applying ICP