[vtkusers] vtkglyph3D and different representations

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Jul 3 17:01:55 EDT 2015

Hi Doug,

I don't believe it is possible to adjust the texture of individual glyphs
in either vtkGlyph3D or vtkGlyph3DMapper. Texture and opacity are typically
controlled by vtkActor, so you would need more than one vtkActor for
different points you are glyphing if you want different opacities and
textures.

- Cory

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Doug Hoppes <dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com>
wrote:

>  Hey all,
>

>                 Got a question about vtkglyph3Dmapper.  I would like each
> glyph to have its own representation that I can adjust the texture,
> opacity, etc.  We’ve set it up so that each glyph point is represented by
> vtkpolydata so that we can get the display correct.  However, I would like
> to treat each one separately in terms of the texture, smoothness, etc.
>

> Doug

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer