[vtkusers] Compiling VTK DLLs with -gd suffix?

Florian Thevißen F.Thevissen at apodius.de
Wed Jul 1 08:25:49 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I have the problem that the project I just setup requests two different
"types" of DLLs depending on the configuration. For example, for the
release configuration, the file

 > vtkCommonColor-6.2.dll

is, among others, requested. I point the environment via an adjusted
Path variable to the destination where the dll is located, and I can run
the executable. However, when I try to debug, the file

 > vtkCommonColor-6.2-gd.dll

is, among others, requested. The problem is, that I do not have these
files with the -gd suffix, and I do not seem to be able to create them
by compiling VTK via VS2013. Maybe I am missing something obvious, but
having tried to fix this for quite a whil today, I'm starting to suspect
that it's not...

Best regards,
Florian