[vtkusers] Writing a time-evolving scalar to a VTK file

Anders Damsgaard andersd at riseup.net
Fri Jan 30 04:26:52 EST 2015

Dear VTK users,

how do I write a single time-evolving scalar to a vtk file? I have some
simulations which create both unstructured grid files (vtu) and image grid files
(vti), that I render together in Paraview. I would like to include a
time-evolving parameter which should be shown as a text annotation.

I've created a function to parse to the unstructured grid files myself, and used
`python-vtk` to write the image grid files. If needed, the source code is
available here: https://github.com/anders-dc/sphere/blob/master/python/sphere.py
(look for the writeVTK and writeFluidVTK functions).

I appreciate all pointers since I'm relatively new to VTK/ParaView.

Thanks, Anders

--
Anders Damsgaard
Ph.D. student, Department of Geoscience, Aarhus University, Denmark