[vtkusers] Installing VTK on mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.1

Luis Lacerda luislacerda1989 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 06:26:59 EST 2015

Dear all,

I have been trying to install VTK (version 6.0.0) in my mac for a while and
unsuccessfully ... I have attached the error that I cannot get rid of (it
stops at 81% when I am compiling):

ld: 68 duplicate symbols for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make[2]: *** [bin/vtkIOAMRCxxTests.app/Contents/MacOS/vtkIOAMRCxxTests]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [IO/AMR/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/vtkIOAMRCxxTests.dir/all] Error
2
make: *** [all] Error 2
​
I am not entirely sure of what parameters I have to change in the
configuration file , prior to compilation..

Furthermore, if you have any comments / instructions on how to install vtk on
a mac with OSX Yosemite 10.10.1 I would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards,

Luis Lacerda