[vtkusers] add circles & sphere to DICOM slices & 3D viewer

mbcx9rb9 richard.j.brown at live.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 09:54:53 EST 2015

Chasank, David,

Thanks for the advice.

David, I think you're right about my lack of understanding of the rendering
process - amongst many other aspects.

The circle, for example, always appears in the centre of the rendered screen
and is always the same size. If I go to the 0th slice and click the bottom
left pixel, the circle then jumps up in the middle of the screen. Using the
GetPointIJK structured coordinates, do I need to convert the selected point
to a different coordinate system for the sphere/cutting plane?

I also haven't managed to see both the circle and the DICOM image at the
same time, despite what feels like every combination of setOpacity,
setAmbient, etc. When I set the background of the newly cut circle to green,
everything goes green, so I think it might be that the background of the
circle is masking the DICOM slice, can I set it to have a transparent
background?

Lastly, when I can draw the circle in the correct place, the correct size
and can see the DICOM underneath, I need to fill the middle of the circle
in. I saw on  this
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Filling-vtkCutter-output-td1244798.html#a1244800>
 thread some suggestions, but neither vtkTriangleFilter nor
vtkLinearExtrusionFilter did the trick for me. Any ideas?

Thanks