[vtkusers] Camera move when resizing QVTKWidget with multiples viewports of image slices

Denis42 dcg at magellium.fr
Fri Jan 9 09:06:11 EST 2015

Hello, this is my welcome post on this glorious list

I need to display ten slices from a dicom file in a qvtk widget.
To do that, I created a widget derivated from QVTKWidget.
As a member of that class, a vector of 10 vtkRenderer was created and added
to the vtkRenderWindow of the QVTKWidget.
Each vtkRenderer has a specific viewport and they do not overlap.

The pipe we use is:

This first rendering is displayed correctly (see capture01.png)
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730051/capture01.png>
Then when we resize or click in the widget, images vanish from viewport but
the interactor allow us to
dezoom and find that they are in fact rendered outside the viewport in the
far upper right corner.
Below a capture of the display after dezooming, initialy the viewport was
empty .
(capture02.png)
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730051/capture02.png>
How can I keep the camera well placed to see the full slices in each
viewport?
Why does the resizing of the widget cause this?

Thanks for your help
Denis