[vtkusers] vtkrendering module

Nadim Farhat nadim.farhat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:57:25 EST 2015

Hi All,

I have been trying to build VTK and run the first example in the tutorial,
the cone ,

 I copied the the Cone.cxx and CMakeLists to different directory from the
git clone directory ( master branch).

then i created a build directory for to build the executable.
during cmake configure cmake is returning the following error

CMake Error at C:/VTK/CMake/vtkModuleAPI.cmake:120 (message):
Requested modules not available:

vtkRendering
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/VTKBuild/VTKConfig.cmake:84 (vtk_module_config)
CMakeLists.txt:11 (find_package)

I am using Windows 8.1  , VS 12 ,Cmake 3.1
 i selected the following options during the VTK build, I am using Qt 5.2.1
opengl

Module_vtkFiltersMatlab
Module_vtkGUISupportMFC
Module_vtkRenderingParallel