[vtkusers] explanation for four pane viewer example

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 20:31:41 EST 2015

All,

I'm trying to set up my code similar to the four pane viewer example and
have trouble understanding how the 3D view is displayed (on top right).

In my understanding, these 3 lines are responsible for the 3D view

vtkSmartPointer< vtkRenderer > ren = vtkSmartPointer< vtkRenderer >::New();

this->ui->view4->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(ren);
vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = this->ui->view4->GetInteractor();

But I don't see inputs or actors to the renderer 'ren'. Can you please help
me understand how the 3D view in top right corner is being generated and
displayed?

Thanks
Prashanth