[vtkusers] announce: vtk 6.2.0 release candidate 1 is ready

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:16:39 EST 2015

I am using VS2013 Community Edition targeting AMD64.

This error appears when compiling in both release and debug mode:
M:\Dev\VTK-6.2.0.rc1\Examples\ParallelProcessing\SMP\Cxx\vtkSMPMinMaxTree.cxx(81):
error C3861: '__sync_add_and_fetch': identifier not found

In debug mode there is a linking error with tbb_debug.lib, even though I
specified its path in CMake configuration step along with all other things
setting VTK_SMP_IMPEMENTATION_TYPE to TBB required. It happens
for vtkFiltersModelingCxxTests, AmbientSpheres and many others. Example
message:
5>------ Build started: Project: vtkFiltersSMPCxxTests, Configuration:
Debug x64 ------
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'tbb_debug.lib'
Build: 2 succeeded, 117 failed, 124 up-to-date, 7 skipped

Also, this warning is repeated many times over (always for tutorial step6):
CMake Warning (dev) in Examples/Tutorial/Step6/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt:
  Policy CMP0020 is not set: Automatically link Qt executables to qtmain
  target on Windows.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0020" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.