[vtkusers] ImportError: No module named vtkCommonCorePython

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:25:10 EST 2015

Hi Davis,

It is looking for vtkCommonCorePython.so in the lib directory. Use this, if
your VTK build is in /home/davis/Developer/VTK/bin:

PYTHONPATH=/home/davis/Developer/VTK/bin/Wrapping/Python/:/home/davis/Developer/VTK/bin/lib

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/davis/Developer/VTK/bin/lib

You can also try running the vtkpython executable, which has these paths
baked-in.

 - David