[vtkusers] vtk point data extraction problem

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:58:32 EST 2015

I have the following polydata.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730440/data.png>

As you can see, these is a hollow in the middle of the polydata. I need to
find the point data of a given outline of the hollow, which will give a
hollow shaped cylinder.
eg - I need to find the point data of the cylinder as drawn in black in the
following image.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5730440/data2.png>

a) Is it possible to extract a cylindrical polydata from the hollowed inner
surface?
b) If I have the cylindrical surface polydata of the hollow can I use it to
cut the original polydata (as a cutting plane)?
c) If neither of these are possible what other ways can I use to solve this
problem?

I would be extremely grateful for any insight upon this problem.