[vtkusers] Problem with volume rendering inside of Qt application

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Feb 17 08:57:26 EST 2015

If you are using older version of volume mapper (OpenGL backend) then it is
possible that when using QT window, it's not finding the extensions its
needed. Is it possible for you to try the OpenGL2 backend?

Also, Do you see any error message on the console?

Thanks,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Ernesto <elguevara at uci.cu> wrote:

> Jakub Łągwa <kubalagwa <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hello,
> > I have a strange problem with showing VTK volume in QVTKWidget. I can
> compile example such as as:
> >
> http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Examples/Medical/Cxx/Medical4.cxxand
>

> >  it work fine. But when I want to use exactly the same code in my sample
> >  Qt application (let's say - render only after user press a button)
> > nothing is shown in QVTKWidget (I tried also with QVTKInteractor instead
> >  of the one from example). I have this problem only when I want to use
> > vtkVolume and than add the volume to renderer with AddVolume. If I make
> > other 3D visualisation for example with vtkContourFilter and than I add
> > it to renderer with AddActor method - everything works fine.
> > I was trying to solve this problem for a couple of days but I found
> > some things that I can't understand in any way. If I take, for example,
> > Medical4.cxx file and add there
> > #include <QApplication>
> > and than
>

> Hello Jakub I have the same problem with QVTKWidget and can't find a
> solution I've been stopped for 4 days. I need to know whether you managed
> solve this problem and how did you solved it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Ernesto

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*