[vtkusers] Remove bridges from reconstructed surface

shafiqabedin sha33 at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:51:50 EST 2015

Hi,

I am reconstructing some voxel data. I followed the  example
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ContoursToSurface>   on
the VTK example site and works fine. However, when there are complex folds
in the 2d contour (i.e. two walls of the contour folds are close to each
other) it kind of fills the gap (multiple folds in a closed contour becomes
shrink wrapped). Is there any way I can restrict the triangulation so it
doesn't create the "bridges"? I looked at the class references for
vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter, vtkTriangleFilter,
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter (and tried different parameters) but have not
been able to create finer surface. I also tried vtkMarchingCubes
(vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes) but that creates a very rough surface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.