[vtkusers] Feret Diameter

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Dec 29 21:25:16 EST 2015

Eduardo,

I am not aware of a filter that provides the Feret diameter.

Do you have the plane that determines the orientation you want for the
Feret diameter in implicit form (a, b, c, d)? If so, then you should just
need to iterate over each point (x, y, z) in the polydata, compute ax * by
* cz - d, keep track of the minimum and maximum of those computed values,
subtract the minimum from the maximum, and get the desired diameter.

HTH,
Cory

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 7:56 AM, eduardo <eduardo.hssi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to calculate the Feret diameter of a polydata, but did not find
> anything that can help me. Have anyone can give me some advice?
>
> Thank you!
>
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5735677/print1.png>
>
> <
> http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5735677/introduction-to-dynamic-image-analysis-28-728.jpg