[vtkusers] vtkPropPicker Pick method access violation

gregory.baert at inserm.fr gregory.baert at inserm.fr
Fri Dec 18 10:01:56 EST 2015

Thank you for your response,

I found the problem. In fact, I used a vtkSmartPointer into a local method
of my VCL Form. I sent to the callback funtion via the setter method :
	void SetPicker(vtkPropPicker *picker)
	{
		this->m_Picker = picker;
	}

and in this callback function, when I used the "m_Picker" instance variable,
the program failed with access violation. I saw that the reference count was
0 for "m_Picker".

So, I used a vtkPropPicker instance in the header of my VCL Form (create on
constructor of the Form)

At the moment, my program works fine. As I am beginner in VTK, I will have
other problems certainly

Best regards,

Hi Gregory,

I stack trace, code, link to some code, or some other hints would be
helpful for people on the list to give you some ideas of what might be
happening. I'm not sure how many people are using Borland these days, but
maybe someone can chime in with some help.

- Cory

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 5:18 AM, gregory.baert@ <
gregory.baert@> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to develop a medical application with VTK and C++ Builder
> (dicom files)
>
> I compiled succesfuly VTK 5.6.1 in C++ Builder XE2. I modified and
> installed
> a Borland package with a VTK viewer.
>
> I would like to know the position (X, Y) of the mouse in the viewer and
> the
> corresponding gray level.
> The method "Pick" of the vtkPropPicker class cause access violations and I
> don't know why ...
>
> The same code in C++ Builder without using the Borland VTK viewer (in a
> MS-DOS console application) works fine.
>
> Best regards,
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ