[vtkusers] VTK 6.3 with Qt Creator on OSX

mbcx9rb9 richard.j.brown at live.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 05:38:15 EST 2015

Hi all,

Having updated to 6.3, I modified my Qt Creator .pro file accordingly:

------------------------------------ BEFORE
------------------------------------

INCLUDEPATH += /Applications/VTK/6.2/Install/include/vtk-6.2

LIBS += -L/Applications/VTK/6.2/Install/lib/ \
    -lvtkChartsCore-6.2 \
    -lvtkCommonColor-6.2 \
    -lvtkCommonComputationalGeometry-6.2 \
    -lvtkCommonCore-6.2 \
      and so on...

------------------------------------- NOW
--------------------------------------

INCLUDEPATH += /Applications/VTK/6.3/Install/include/vtk-6.3
#inclusion of second includepath is just for vtkDICOM
INCLUDEPATH += /Applications/VTK/6.3/Install/include/

LIBS += -L/Applications/VTK/6.3/Install/lib/ \
     -lvtkChartsCore-6.3 \
     -lvtkCommonColor-6.3 \
     -lvtkCommonComputationalGeometry-6.3 \
     -lvtkCommonCore-6.3 \
      and so on...

However, I always get the error:
  dyld: Library not loaded: libvtkChartsCore-6.3.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/CRCT_Richard/Desktop/d/build/d
  Reason: image not found

It strikes me as weird, because, since qmake has managed to determine that
lvtkChartsCore-6.3 corresponds to libvtkChartsCore-6.3.1.dylib, it must have
found the file. So I don't understand how it can say the image was not
found.

I have little (no) understanding of dynamic libraries, so maybe the error is
saying something else. Can anyone shed any light on to what's going wrong?

I'm using OSX El Capitan if that changes anything.

Cheers,
Richard