[vtkusers] System HDF with bundled NetCDF

Florian Blachère florian.blachere at univ-nantes.fr
Thu Dec 10 12:48:19 EST 2015

On 08/12/15 16:56, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 13:03:03 +0100, Florian Blachère wrote:
>> When compiling VTK with system HDF5 and NetCDF from the thirdparty
>> (because newer NetCDF seems to be incompatible),
> What version? We have a dashboard which compiles against a system
> 4.3.3.1 (with netcdf-cxx 4.2) just fine. You do need the C++ bindings as
> well; the VTK netcdf is patched such that both are included (something I
> plan on fixing when I get around to updating our netcdf).
VTK seems to use the 'Legacy NetCDF-3 C++' while Arch provides 'NetCDF-4
C++', using the name from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp, I think that's
why the build with system NetCDF is failing.

Using the attached patch makes permits to build with system HDF5 and
bundled NetCDF, but I do not see why it's working.

Florian.