[vtkusers] How to extract nodesets and sidesets for Exodus data

Slaughter, Andrew E andrew.slaughter at inl.gov
Tue Dec 8 23:02:32 EST 2015

I am creating a visualization tool for Exodus data capable of displaying
any combination of nodeset, sideset, and subdomain information from an
ExodusII file. I would like to be able to have a single reader object and
multiple renderers for showing the nodesets, sidesets, and/or subdomains.

However, I am unable to figure out how to enable all of the above in
vtkExodusIIReader but limit what is shown in the renderer.

I have attached a script (OSX with VTK6.3) that I would like to have
display the nodesets on the left-side of the screen and the subdomains on
the right, but I am unable to get the desired result.

I would appreciate any help that could be provided.

Thanks,
Andrew