[vtkusers] System HDF with bundled NetCDF

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Dec 8 10:56:10 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 13:03:03 +0100, Florian Blachère wrote:
> When compiling VTK with system HDF5 and NetCDF from the thirdparty
> (because newer NetCDF seems to be incompatible),

What version? We have a dashboard which compiles against a system
4.3.3.1 (with netcdf-cxx 4.2) just fine. You do need the C++ bindings as
well; the VTK netcdf is patched such that both are included (something I
plan on fixing when I get around to updating our netcdf).

> NetCDF seems to be disabled as CMake does not find HDF5 in the file
> 'ThirdParty/netcdf/vtknetcdf/CMakeLists.txt' at line 239.

It seems that you are missing HDF5's high-level library; it may ship
separately from the base HDF5 libraries (but I don't see separate
packages in either Debian or Fedora).

--Ben