[vtkusers] How to remove vtk's dependencies on libX11 and libGL?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Mon Dec 7 09:38:31 EST 2015

On VTK master you can select the "None" backend for rendering. I'm not sure
if that gets rid of all the X11/OpenGL references though.  That would be my
first suggestion to try if you have not already.

Thanks
Ken

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Mark Hammons <mark.hammons at inaf.cnrs-gif.fr>
wrote:

> Is there any way to rip these dependencies out? The application I'm
> supporting is headless and the hardware has no 3d graphics support period,
> and I'd like to statically compile the binary against vtk and ITK except
> the x11 and GL dependencies are giving me trouble.
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Mark Hammons - +33 06 03 69 56 56
>
> Research Engineer @ BioEmergences <http://bioemergences.iscpif.fr>
>
> Lab Phone: 01 69 82 34 19

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.