[vtkusers] Same multiframe image, same QVTKWidget, multiple renderers with each frame

Marcos fotosentido at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:52:12 EDT 2015

Hi,

with a multiframe image accesible from a vtkimageviewer2, I'm trying to see
all frames in one view.

With these examples:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/MultipleViewports
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/SideBySideViewports

So I understand I need:
- One vtkimageviewer2 (I have the multiframe image there)
- One QVTKWidget
- One vtkrenderwindow
- <n> vtkrenderer, one for each frame
- <n> viewports, one for each frame

But I think that, when I invoke the vtkimageviewer2::setslice() method, it
will change all renderers.

Maybe this is not the best approach to the problem.
Maybe I could convert each frame into a QImage. I don't need to interact
with those "thumbnails".
On the other hand, I already have another QVTKWidget showing one slice at a
time, and I would like to have both views available (sharing the same
readed file).

Any ideas?

Thanks.