[vtkusers] Plotting line segments with vtkChartXY

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Aug 27 11:00:53 EDT 2015

Andrew,

Do you have a picture illustrating what you are trying to do, as well as
code sample of what you have tried? I'm not 100% sure I know what you are
trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
Cory

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Andrew Zhilka <hotsmileband at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Cory,
>
> Yes, I simply do not set values and there is vtkFloatArray underneath.
> I mentioned that creating new columns for new plots will cause the same
> behaviour.
> So I wonder if it is possible to combine several charts in one scene
>
> Regards,
> Andrew
> 26 авг. 2015 г. 4:35 PM пользователь "Cory Quammen" <
> cory.quammen at kitware.com> написал:
>
> Andrew,
>>
>> How are you designating the plot values as (not set)? Are you just not
>> setting them? I'm guessing that the plot is just using whatever the default
>> value is for the array you are plotting, which may be 0.
>>
>> I don't know that vtkChartXY supports your use case. I think you will
>> need to use separate plots for each section of you plot.
>>
>> Sorry if that isn't much help.
>>
>> Cory
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 3:41 AM, Andrew Zhilka <hotsmileband at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am trying to create a line plot. I have already seen an example and my
>>> program works if I have continuous lines.
>>> Let's say I have the following table (continuous case):
>>>
>>> X values | Plot value
>>> 1            | 1
>>> 2            | 2
>>> 3            | 3
>>> 4            | 4
>>>
>>> This case works perfectly but if I have the following one
>>>
>>> X values | Plot value
>>> 1            | 1
>>> 2            | (not set)
>>> 3            | (not set)
>>> 4            | 4
>>>
>>> the plot behaves like if I set the second and the third plot values to
>>> 0. And I just would like to have a gap. Because of this very reason I can
>>> not draw 2 lines independently to achieve the gap like this:
>>>
>>> X values | Plot value 1| Plot value 2
>>> 1            | 1                | (not set)
>>> 2            | (not set)      | (not set)
>>> 3            | (not set)      | (not set)

--
Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer