[vtkusers] Linker problem

Marc Jaspar mjjmarc at outlook.com
Sat Aug 15 11:44:04 EDT 2015

I have just upgraded to the new VTK version 6.2.0 and, I am getting an error which never happened previously.

I am starting by creating the vtkCone example in a Microsoft Document/View application.

The compile is fine with no errors however, I am getting a LNK 2019 error on the vtkRender::new call (static).

VTK Basic AppView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderer@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall CVTKBasicAppView::CVTKBasicAppView(void)" (??0CVTKBasicAppView@@IAE at XZ)

C:\Software Development\VTK Windows Development\VTK Basic App\Debug\VTK Basic App.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Has anyone had the same experience and how was it resolved?